cancel
Jboog Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an error code of malf9q-4sc874-xd03hf-60rm03 what does this mean?

HP g661
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
When I start up I have to hit the ESC button to get it to a solid blue screen then I can use the arrow but it doesn't do anything?
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
74940 74830 9141 19712
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sadly to say: Most of the time the 24 char failure id indicates the HDD is failing and need to be replaced. Is it still under warranry ? If Yes, please call HP for a replacement.

In the US:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

or HP technical support: 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/w1/en/contact_us.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Grad Student
Grad Student
219 219 21 60
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can confirm that the error code you have posted is indeed a failure of your hard drive, as mentioned above, if your machine is under warranty then contact HP and provide them with that error code, they will arrange a service

If it is not under warranty you will need to contact a local computer repair agent to have the hdd replaced
*****I do not work for HP*****
*****click the purple thumbs up button to say thanks*****
*****If I solved your problem, help others by clicking accept as solution*****
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation