Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp elitebook 2570p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello I recently bought 10x  2570p laptops  from police auction , all HDD have been removed .  

Usb cd bay is not a option with f9 only HDD and network . 

I did removed CMOS discharged board and after info that CMOS has been reset password still exist , 

Did try to power with windows key and up down narrows and f10 this not work too 

Any advice?

I forgot to mention I called already hp as warranty ends 2016 and BC is w7 they not offer any support 

3years ago was last the when they give backdoor password but that's finish 

They offered new motherboard priced more than the laptop is worth 

I need some help as I'm on minus ... 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Slav83 

Sorry, but no one here can help you with this.

We are not permitted to assist in the removal or reset of any passwords.

BIOS passwords are usually encrypted into the firmware of the motherboard, so removing the CMOS battery will generally not accomplish anything.  Since the BIOS chips are soldered to the motherboard, they are not replaceable.

HP does not do BIOS password resets on existing motherboards but instead, insists on replacing the entire motherboard.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.