Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
ariltonsama Tutor
Tutor
16 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I need the BIOS in .bin format for HP Envy 17 1181nr

HP Envy 17 1181nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good afternoon,

I made a mistake by changing the bios of my notebook. I can not recover using the HP partition and can't boot with a pendriver . ( The computer turns on but it remains at a black screen and does not pass the bios post) . I need BIOS in .bin format for HP Envy 17 1181nr to be able to rewrite directly to the eeprom .

Does someone there have it? I could not find anywhere and when I tried to extract the exe  to get a .bin on the HP website , the bios file there is a totally different size that I need ( exact 4mb ) . Someone have the .bin or know where I can find ?

2 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
14067 1329 3151
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

ariltonsama

Have to tried using 7-Zip to unpack the self-extracting archive that HP supplies?

Asking, because I've read that ONLY 7-Zip has the ability to extract the components properly.

I used it on a driver softpack and it worked great.

You can get it here:  http://www.7-zip.org/

Good Luck

========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution" -- to help others find the solution.
========================================================================

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
ariltonsama Tutor
Tutor
16 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did not know about 7-Zip . I had tried with WinRar . Still , I tried with 7-Zip here now and the file size is the same. The * .bin has more than 4mb :( Thank you for your help anyway ! Oh, and sorry for my bad english. I'm from Brazil and we don't have HP support here practically . I'm desperate.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation