Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion MODEL 13-S107nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I tried to repair the master boot record to no avail. Now I can't boot to command prompt or access any other menu.  It restarts, attempts to load windows with the Administrator login but then gives me the recovery manager restoration incomplete message and there is no way out of this infinite loop. 

Below this is a command prompt with the following information: 

C:\System.sav\ExitProc\DisableSB.cmd file not recognized as an operable...

[OS]: Win8

64 bit

ACCESS IS DENIED

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

I recommend that you reinstall W10 by making bootable installation media using the media creation tool from the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Make the 64 bit installation media, because your notebook originally came with W10 Home 64 bit.

If you need to recover files, when you get to the part that asks 'Where do you want to install Windows,' install it over the current Windows installation and it will create a Windows.old folder.

After W10 has completed installing, you can explore the Windows.old folder, find your old user profile and copy and paste your old user profile folders (pictures, documents, videos, favorites, music, etc.,) to your new user profile.

Once you are sure you have gotten all of your folders/files you need, you can run the disk cleanup utility and click on the Cleanup system files button on the lower left side of the window.  Check all of the boxes to delete the unnecessary files including the Windows.old folder.

If you do not need to recover anything, when you get to the part that asks 'Where do you want to install Windows,' delete every partition on the hard drive, leaving just one partition of unallocated space.  Click Next and W10 will install.

You can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

https://support.hp.com/it-it/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-13-x360-Convertible-PC-series/8499316/m...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.