02-01-2013 09:54 PM
After installing WINDOWS 8, desktop INTERNET EXPLOYER OIE9HP , error says it has stopped working , everytime I change sites. i assume there is a simple answer or patch. Please advise, this is very annoying. GeneJY
02-28-2013 03:21 PM
Hello asco9. I understand you're having some trouble with Internet Explorer not working.
Did this notebook come with Windows 8 or did you upgrade?
Have you ran Windows Update to ensure that you have the latest updates? Windows 8 is still fairly new and updates will be pushed regularly.
You should also run HP Support Assistant. This will ensure that the drivers and software on the notebook are also up to date.
Also, take a look at this article from Microsoft. It covers troubleshooting Internet Explorer crashes and will be of use to you.
Let me know the result. I hope you have a great day!
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"
Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)