Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavillion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi,

i have this Hp pavilion 15 (cu-0001tx) i5 8th generation.

in the specification, as listed on product page:

Intel® Core™ i5-8250U (1.6 GHz base frequency, up to 3.4 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)

my question is how i can activate turbo boost to get 3.4Ghz and if it is already active then why it's not working.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Turbo boost is automatic and will be active when needed. you can not turn on or off.  if you go into task manager you can see that your CPU will go "up and down" and will reach the max when needed. It is very dynamic so it is not not going to stay at max for long periods.

Hope it helps,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.