Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 65XXHP Envy x360 M6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just this week after booting up I login and screen goes blank with cursor. I did a hard rest twice and then after 15 -20 minutes starup ran and windows loaded. I ran trouble shooter and support doctor but can't find fix. Anyone find a fix for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. My drivers are updated and  I ran the system troubleshooter. I then  ran the support assistant again. You have to be careful to select the correct response as some sound similar. After optimizing It finally guided me to the command prompt and I ran 2 commands involving the system image. There were no errors but it may have helped anyway. Since my problem happens on restart it would have been too time consuming to test the solution immediately so I went  ahead and uninstalled and reinstalled  the graphics in the device manager as I read in the forum. Fingers crossed I restarted. Working fine so far. No need to uninstall any Windows updates or system restore just  A lot of patience communicating with the HP support doctor. Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@PrettyMama

Welcome back to HP Forums

I have gone through your Post and I would like to help

Did you run the HP Support Assistant?

If you haven't please download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted if the issue persists

Thank you and have a wonderful weekend 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. My drivers are updated and  I ran the system troubleshooter. I then  ran the support assistant again. You have to be careful to select the correct response as some sound similar. After optimizing It finally guided me to the command prompt and I ran 2 commands involving the system image. There were no errors but it may have helped anyway. Since my problem happens on restart it would have been too time consuming to test the solution immediately so I went  ahead and uninstalled and reinstalled  the graphics in the device manager as I read in the forum. Fingers crossed I restarted. Working fine so far. No need to uninstall any Windows updates or system restore just  A lot of patience communicating with the HP support doctor. Thanks.

HP Recommended

@PrettyMama

I see that you were interacting with @KrazyToad. I'd like to help.

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Good to know that the issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks so much. I'm getting better at this but still need help with these issues. So I'm sure I will be in touch.

HP Recommended

@PrettyMama

Sure you can write to us whenever you need help.

We will be at your services.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.