Top Student
6 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Keeps crashing!! - Only 2 months old.

HP-Omen 15-ax010na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all.

I have recently bought this laptop in February. In the past week it has decided to start crashing on me....

I am not using strenuous software, only youtube, microsoft word and google chrome. 

It happens very randomly, the screen will freeze on the current page and then a buzzing noise for 10 seconds will follow.

The noise will stop but the screen continues to stay frozen... Only resolved by holding the power button down as both mouse and keyboard are frozen/inactive. 

I have searched for solutions.... updating drivers.... reinstalling drivers.... scanning for viruses.... however nothing has come up or resolved this.

I am in desperate need of the laptop at the moment due to University deadlines, however the freezing continues to hamper my progress, whilst losing work between saves. 

Any solutions would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I do have the HP 1 Year warranty? Aswell as a John Lewis 7 Year warranty.

3 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
35648 5308 9134
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post

Tap F2 as you power up and look for component tests and run the whole loop so we can see if any hardware has gone bad. 

HenryDH Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post

Ok did that. Everything went through without fault.... 

0 Kudos
HenryDH Top Student
Top Student
6 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post

Still crashing though.... ?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation