Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 7 (176 Views)

Keeps going into system restore as laptop can't see system disk

Product Name: HP Notebook 15 ba024nf
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When i run the F2 system check it comes up in the Hard Drive Smart check - NOT Installed. So it looks like the HDD has failed. I have had issues in the past and had to restore the drive. I'm unable to run any of the onboard restores as the drive is not contactable. The laptop is only 9 months old. 

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 7 (173 Views)

Re: Keeps going into system restore as laptop can't see system disk

[ Edited ]

Sorry to hear the year is starting out with frustration like that.

If you fill out the web form at the following link, you will be able to view the contact options available to you and initiate a warranty issue for your HP laptop.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/HP-15-ba000-Notebook-PC-series/10862317/model/139167...

If you find that my posts help you, you can say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs up + in the purple box next to the Reply button .

If your problem is solved or your question answered by a particular post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
Honor Student
Message 3 of 7 (161 Views)

The laptop is still under warranty but am unable to use any of the contact options apart from the support forum can't see how to get the ball rolling. 

Provost
Message 4 of 7 (133 Views)

OK.

No worries. 

I will ask a Moderator to escalate your issue to an appropriate within HP.  

If you find that my posts help you, you can say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs up + in the purple box next to the Reply button .

If your problem is solved or your question answered by a particular post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
Honor Student
Message 5 of 7 (116 Views)

Many thanks
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7 (108 Views)

@edgarsean

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Message 7 of 7 (78 Views)

Hi kevin-t

Many Thanks, I have yet to recieve any PM's, how long does it normally take ?

Regards

edgarsean

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation