Post new question
Question

Intern
Message 1 of 8 (2,467 Views)

Laptop Freezes - Spectre x360

Product Name: Spectre x360 - 13-4003dx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have had my Spectre x360 - 13-4003dx for 6 months.  The operating system is Windows 8.1 (64-bit).  I use Microsoft Office 365. 

My laptop will freeze on me at least once every day either when I am outlook and more likely when I am on IE 11.  Normally it happens when I am using Outlook 2013, iTunes (Just opened, not playing music, basically updating my contacts/calendars) and internet explorer 11 (I will have maybe 4 tabs open) and probably will have Word and Excel open also.  IE 11 will be on let's say Amazon, and a few other pages but I am streaming movies or videos or music.  I understand that is a lot of programs to have open but the laptop is i7 -5500U - CPU - 2.40GHz with 8.0GB of Ram.  I currently am using 4.69GB.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 8 (2,445 Views)

Re: Laptop Freezes - Spectre x360

Hi @prime31,

Thank you for posting. I have read your post, and I understand that the laptop freezes on Outlook and IE 11 once a day. I would like to help solve the problem. 

please review the document for troubleshooting:

HP PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 10, 8)

Have you tried other Internet browser like Google Chrome?

Let me know how it goes.

To say thank you, click on the "thumb up". Accept the post as solution, if your problem solved, so other people have the same issue can see it.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Intern
Message 3 of 8 (2,441 Views)

I have tried seeing if there any updates but it just searching, searching for 10 minutes and doesnt do anything. 

Retired
Message 4 of 8 (2,435 Views)

Hi @prime31,

Thank you for the reply.

Try the site for updating: 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Spectre-13-4000-x360-Convertible-PC/7527520/model...

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Intern
Message 5 of 8 (2,413 Views)

still doesnt work.  Frustrating.

Retired
Message 6 of 8 (2,405 Views)

Hi @prime31,

Please contact HP phone support if the laptop is in warranty.

Use the following link http://www.hp.com/contacthp to create a case for your issue, and contact HP.
If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html to get the contact information for your region.

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Student
Message 7 of 8 (2,301 Views)

My Spectre freezes on average every 10 minutes Outlook is open.  Same thing but less ofen with Excel.

Every now and then freezed because of fancy 4K graphics driver.

This is completely unaccepatable.  I have uninstalled as many non essential programs as possible, and disabled most background tasks in task manager.  THEN I uninstalled Office and reinstalled it.  The problem persists.  I suspect and unstable intel processor.  Reminds me of when I put a faster processor in a compter in the 90's and it was real fast until the processor burped every so often.

SDJL wrote:

Hi @prime31,

Thank you for posting. I have read your post, and I understand that the laptop freezes on Outlook and IE 11 once a day. I would like to help solve the problem. 

please review the document for troubleshooting:

HP PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 10, 8)

Have you tried other Internet browser like Google Chrome?

Let me know how it goes.

To say thank you, click on the "thumb up". Accept the post as solution, if your problem solved, so other people have the same issue can see it.

Regards,

Student
Message 8 of 8 (1,884 Views)

I wish HP would actually give us helpful advice instead of saying "oh, go to troubleshooting."

My computer cost $1200 and it freezes 20 times a day every day. That's unaccaptable.

One would think a company would show more consideration for the customers that fill their pockets.

Fix this **bleep** problem HP, or I'm getting a Mac.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation