Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6 - 1180sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My old Pavilion G6 does not start.

I have this computer for many years and used to work beautifully.

One day in the morning it simply decided to not start.

Some facts I could observe and things tried already

The light on the power botton and the Power light on the side of the laṕtop, (near the SD memory slot) does flash slowly, around one blink every 5 sec, the caps lock also blinks twice when I try to start it, 

If I push and  hold the power botton for +- 6 seconds the light stops flashing.

When connect the power lead it does light the orange light as usual

Tried to leave it couple of days without battery on an attempt to clear the bios

Tried to leave it on charge for more than a day before try to turn it on

Also tried to power the laptop with the power cord only, without battery.

Tierd some combinations key like, ctrl+alt+del.... alt+f4... and some others also hold the power botton for many seconds

One more thing is that I replaced the laptop battery 2 months before it happened, now even when I try with the old baterry that I still have, does not do anything as well

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.