davidmcnabnz
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Laptop Won't Save BIOS Settings: Probook 450 G2

HP Recommended
Probook 450 G2
Ubuntu LTS

The BIOS on my Probook 450 G2 is failing to save changes to settings.

I want to enable Fast Boot and Hardware Virtualisation. I press F10 to save and exit, but these changes (and in fact, none of the changes I make) are persisting on restart. I've tried numerous times, and regardless of whether I enter the BIOS Settings with ESC, or with F10, the changes I make do not persist.

I've even tried setting a BIOS Administrator password, but even that does not persist on restart. It seems the BIOS Settings code is completely unable to save any of its settings.

Also, the laptop takes up to 2 minutes before it starts booting the OS.

Is this a very buggy BIOS, or is there a hardware fault, or is there some "trick" I need to know about? (eg a jumper setting on the motherboard)

I REALLY need to be able to enable Hardware Virtualisation so that I run VirtualBox with 64-bit guest operating systems, but this BIOS issue is stopping me dead in my tracks.

Thanks in advance if anyone is able to help me out of this most frustrating situation!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation