Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hope you found a better solution than me. Had the exact same problem as you, blinking lights and all, took it in to a shop...the video card is busted. Since it's attached to the motherboard, like most all notebook/laptops, it's cheaper to buy a whole new computer.
HP Recommended
Pls i have a problem!.... My HP Twist Touch wont boot up and show anything on tje screen, but the lights are on and sounds like its running.. Should i change the memory card? Or is it virus?
HP Recommended
Pls i have a problem!.... My HP Twist Touch that have been using for 2years now wont boot up and show anything on the screen, but the lights are on and sounds like its running.. Should i change the memory card? Or is it virus?
HP Recommended

i have a 2 blink error blink

meaning a faulty BIOS

i have previosly formatted my hard drive so the HP_TOOLS partition is no longer present

I have tried to get a USB stick with the HP_TOOLS to boot to BIOS recovery

but havent been successfull

i hear some beeps then nothing. no reboots, no screen flickers, nothing

im using a HP DV6z-1100  

anyone have any ideas????

HP Recommended
I read ur Post and looked at the table cuz I had a similar problem and the power light the lightning bolt light and the disc light blink together 3x for my problem I ficnt see that on thd table do u know what's up with mine?
HP Recommended

I have the 3 blink sign which is the "Module error not functional". Can you please tell me how to fixs it please

HP Recommended

Does the blinking light chart apply to all HP laptops?  I have a Pavillion tx 2000 that stopped booting.  It powers up, runs the fan, lights up the AC adapter port, the volume control lights and has the similar blinking caps and num lock lights.  The lights glow for one second, turn off for four seconds and repeat indefinitely.  I tried doing the hard reset and even switched the battery with our second laptop of the same model which is operating normally, to no good effect.  They are both using aftermarket replacement power supplies that listed the laptop model as being compatible/supported.

HP Recommended

I have interpreted the chart and continuous slow blinking to mean power supply issue, the last item on the chart.

HP Recommended

{Content Removed}

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05336130 (Link Updated 04/26/2017)

HP Recommended

Try keeping the laptop in the blinking stage ..it'll turn on after some time.As my dm4 has same problem.The service centre told motherboard is gone but i tried at home and it turned on after some time

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.