Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey,

Just to preface, I am a service tech, and multiple (3 as of writing this) HP laptops came in today with the same problem.

The problem seems to be some new driver update that came out and is effectively blocking these laptops from booting. 

I'm able to get the laptops to boot in safe mode, looked through event manager and was able to grab 0 useful information. Ran bluescreenview and was able to determine that the issue had something to do with ntoskrnl.exe not loading properly. 

Did a bit of googling and read up that sometimes the issue has to do with drivers not loading properly.

Tried disabling all non-microsoft services in msconfig, not able to boot.

I'm not sure how I would be able to determine what driver is causing this issue as windows update service is not functional when booting into safe mode and I am not able to view the update history. 

Just wondering if this is a known issue, as I've never seen laptops come in with this issue, but 3 came in today. 

A solution would be nice, not needing to reset my client's computers would be preferred. 

Thanks. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.