cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lorl
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Laptop bluescreen issue, ntoskrnl.exe driver issue.

HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey,

Just to preface, I am a service tech, and multiple (3 as of writing this) HP laptops came in today with the same problem.

The problem seems to be some new driver update that came out and is effectively blocking these laptops from booting. 

I'm able to get the laptops to boot in safe mode, looked through event manager and was able to grab 0 useful information. Ran bluescreenview and was able to determine that the issue had something to do with ntoskrnl.exe not loading properly. 

Did a bit of googling and read up that sometimes the issue has to do with drivers not loading properly.

Tried disabling all non-microsoft services in msconfig, not able to boot.

I'm not sure how I would be able to determine what driver is causing this issue as windows update service is not functional when booting into safe mode and I am not able to view the update history. 

Just wondering if this is a known issue, as I've never seen laptops come in with this issue, but 3 came in today. 

A solution would be nice, not needing to reset my client's computers would be preferred. 

Thanks. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation