Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (163 Views)

Laptop boots up but windows doesn't load

Product Name: Pavilion
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP
Hi all
My laptop turns on and the hp logo comes on but then windows doesn't boot up. I've done a hard reset with no luck and I ran the F2 menu Diagnostic, it came back showing a fail on the hard drive short DST check. Failure is number is Q4Q1X3-7T8880-XD7WLK-6OUC03

Thanks!!
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (140 Views)

Re: Laptop boots up but windows doesn't load

Hi @Lauren80, welcome to the HP Forums! 

I see you have determined the hard drive is no longer functional. As this is not something I can help you to simply fix, I can suggest you replace the hard drive to resolve the issue. 

I'd recommend calling in to speak with a phone agent as they can look up your product and may be able to help you to setup an replacement. 

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

I hope this helps. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation