cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Named1234
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Laptop broken,cap lock blinks 3 times

HP Recommended
Hp 14 laptop pc 14-DF0018WM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was just chilling one day when the screen shut down because of battery. I rarely set it down. It kept blinking 3 times,wait a few seconds then blink 3 times again. It is a hp 14 intel inside laptop. The laptop only has 1 ram slot,and when I tried to switch it with I think a 6gb ram,it was still the same. It’s been quite a while since it’s been like this.

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,852 24,531 3,146 7,840
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Named1234 

While that blink code does indicate a memory issue, that issue can include both the memory slot and the motherboard itself.

So if you have replaced the memory stick with a known good one and you are still getting the code, that means the motherboard has failed and HP does not replace those.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation