Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Envy13-Ad162tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I turned the sleep mode of the laptop since I have something to do. This maybe lasted for more or less than 3 hours.

Then afterwards, I was about to check it but the temperature of the laptop is so hot like a hot water.

After 8 hours, we tried to open it. We plugged in the charger and tried to open but it won't open.

At first, the power button is blinking but suddenly it stopped that made me feel more nervous. It is charging but it won't open.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@kk54 Welcome to HP Community! Since it isn't powering on anymore, please check with an alternate power adapter/ wall outlet, also,p perform a hard reset using the below steps and proceed accordingly:

Let's perform a power reset as per HP standards:

Ensure your laptop is OFF.

Unplug all the external devices (If any).

Disconnect the power charger from the computer, and remove the battery.

Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds.

Connect the power supply (power adapter).

Press the power button to turn on your laptop.

Then put your battery back.

for more details: Click here

Click here for steps to resolve overheating issues

You could try reducing the resolution on the in-game settings and switch the windows settings to performance rather than visual effects to make a minor change, however, the game may heat up your PC, hence make sure you are using a cooling pad as well, to be on a safer side.

Here's how you change windows settings:

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
  • Type performance > choose to Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
  • click Apply and Ok...this should do the trick.

NOTE: Generally, when temperatures inside the case rise above 35 degrees Celsius (95 degrees Fahrenheit), the risk of damaging important internal components increases greatly.

Also, to avoid the CPU damage, we do not recommend throttling or overclocking the CPU using 3rd party programs.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.