Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp envy model 15m-ee0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am at my wit's end with this laptop! Today, I had my phone plugged into one of the usb ports on my laptop to top off the charge. I hit restart on my phone as it was being a little slow and I like to do that every once in a while. As the phone shut down and before it restarted, the hp laptop just blinked off. No warning, nothing. There is no charge light. Even though the charger works on another hp in the house. I contacted tech and I have to get the computer repaired via them since it is still under warranty. They said that it was a hardware issue and never remarked on the fact that it was connected to my phone that was also restarted. Mind you, this is the second time that this computer has suffered from a complete shut off and die situation. I've already sent it back once for them to repair/replace the hard drive. Now that I think of it, I may have been restarting my phone then, as well. Why is this happening???

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Sana72 

Some model laptop will try to reboot automatically from a connected USB device and when you restarted your phone, my guess is that notified the OS of the laptop to restart.  You should unplug your phone before you do the restart and see if that makes a difference with the laptop.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.