Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion 14-ce0988nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear customer service,

My laptop first did shut down suddenly a couple of times, then stopped booting.

Pressing the power button it makes for half a second a sound like it's turning on but then it dies and the power button starts blinking slowly.

If i try to boot holding the windows key + b key then it remains turned on, but it doesn't load the bios, the screen remains black and the caps lock blinks with a frequency of the 3 slow and 2 fast.

I have read that in these case it could be helpful to reseat the memory.

My question is:

Is that right?

And also: i bought the laptop 6 months ago, so it should still be covered by warranty.

If i try this process of reseating memory by myself, would I invalidate the warranty?

Thank you for help, it's pretty urgent as i need my laptop asap.

Stefano 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@St_ura 

Hello,

In order to palliate this issue, please power reset your Laptop as follow:​

1. Turn off the computer.
  2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
  3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
  4. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
  5. For most laptops, press and hold the Power button for 15 seconds to reset.
  6. Plug the AC adapter back into the laptop computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
  7. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
    The computer starts normally or a startup menu opens.
     NOTE: If your computer does not start after pressing the Power button, then a power reset did not resolve the startup issue. See Additional resources for further troubleshooting steps.
  8. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.
  9. After Windows opens, reconnect each peripheral device that was disconnected, one device at a time, until all devices are reconnected.
    Your laptop has been reset. After a power reset, it is a good idea to run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers. See Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8 ) and Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7) for more information.

If the issue continue, I recommend that you contact HP Technical Support Italy here.

En cas de besoin, n'hésitez pas à nous solliciter.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.