Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-dw1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop gets completely frozen at random times (usually after the startup) and it stays frozen unless I turn it off manually using the power button. Every time it's frozen, it releases a lot of extremely hot air from the outlet. 

I have not made any software or hardware changes. 

I have performed all the diagnostic tests ( fast and extensive both), they gave no errors. 

It's not a software issue since I've resetted the pc and the issue is still present. I even used Linux for a week and it still kept freezing. 

Whenever I call for support they keep telling me to do the same things again and again (their ultimate solution seems to be cloud recovery but as I said, I don't think the problem is in the software or it wouldn't have frozen when I used a different operating system) 

I tried all sorts of things. I've updated bios, drivers, installed all the updates but nothing seems to ve working. 

I couldn't even install windows 11 since my pc got frozen every time i tried to install it and it had to be manually powered off. 

Please give me some suggestions!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Disgusted_Toast 

The one factor that is common in ALL of these issue is hardware -- and the most common hardware causes of lockup are memory sticks and overheating.

Your mention of hot air implies the second issue, rather than the first,

If you don't have a CPU temp monitor installed, then I can recommend trying CoreTemp -- which you can get from here:  https://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

Different CPUs run at different temps, so I can not provide a hard and fast temp to watch for, but at least with this, you might be able to monitor the temps to see if the CPU is overheating.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.