Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15t-aq200 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product number: 2GJ37AV

I have setup my laptop to hibernate when I press the power button.  When my laptop is running on battery and I hibernate it, a majority of the times it will look like it is shutting down.  The screen will go black, but the fan keeps running (and usually speeds up) and the power LED next to the power button never shuts off.  The only way out of this state is a 5 second hold the power button shut down.  I never have this problem when I am plugged into power at my desk.  Is there any way to narrow down what might be causing the hang up?  Or is it a guess and check type of troubleshooting, disabling a driver and hibernating to see if it locks up?

All drivers are up-to-date according to HP Support Assistant.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.