Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Laptop froze during usual usage and now will not boot fully. Windows recovery is available but nothing works. It just cycles back to the recovery screen. I have managed to boot into bios screen and diagnose everything and all shows as OK (memory, battery, disc etc) but when trying to load windows it stalls straight after it shows the battery indicator., hard resets and battery in and out already tried - any ideas apreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi@Grabounds, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and understand that the computer is freezing randomly.

I'll be glad to help you 

Awesome job on diagnosing the issue correctly and performing smart troubleshooting before posting your question on HP forums. Kudos to you on that score. 

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Did you run the extensive test on the computer?

While you respond to that, I recommend you perform a system reset on the computer and check whether the issue is resolved.

Follow the steps in the below article to perform a reset on the computer.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-envy-m7-k000-notebook-pc-series/7182778/document/c04742289

If you continue to face the issue, I recommend you run an extensive system test and let me know the result.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Repair expert has done all system tests and booted from an external device and it indicates it was a software  issue. However, in trying to repair or enter the preloaded windows system on my drive  it is asking for a drive encryption key. The laptop is one month out of warranty. Any ideas how I can get this encryption key.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thank you, that provided me with the bit locker key stored on my Microsoft profile when I set up windows. I will provide it to the repair shop on Monday and hopefully that will get me back into windows to reset it and hopefully back up my files. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.