Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brantank
Level 2
19 13 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Laptop isn't booting. chkdsk through recovery is giving me a bunch of weird results but no soultions

HP Recommended
notebook 15nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So my laptop was giving me a little issues with its speed about once or twice a day it'll hang and say 100% disk usage and because of that I decided to do chkdsk unmount diagnosis. even though I shut down the computer with the intention of doing the scan right away it wasn't until two days later that I started up the computer and it just was on a black screen that was lit. after doing some research I found out if I hold f11 that I would be able to get into it so recovery menu and use the command prompt.

first thing I did was trying perform the chkdsk successfully and it didn't work even though I found a bunch of issues none of its resolution will allow me to boot into the computer. I have attached the responses through an imgur album since I can't copy and paste and I'm posting through my phone.

Imgur.com/a/Vyfm0zo

One of the most persistent things I saw were an $i30 And when I looked it up it seem that some people said it was a disastrous error and other people said it was nothing to be worried about

I have two hard drive the one currently in the laptop that came with it and one from an old laptop that is in it as a caddy. the issue  happened before I put in the caddy so it's not related but I feel the need to mention it in case there's a possibility of me switching around the caddy and the one inside the laptop if the one inside the laptop cannot be booted from anymore.

Also something interesting to note is that I tried booting off of a USB with Windows 10 and when I try to install Windows on the C drive it will not allow me to and even when I try to install it into the caddy they will not allow me to

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation