Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ba015wm

Ok so my siblings laptop was having issues where it would not turn on if the power cable was not plugged in. I thought i had a similar issue with my laptop and the fix for that was deleting the objects in the battery section of the device manager, turnng off the laptop and discounting the power cable, holding the power button for 30 seconds, turning it back on and plugging it back in. So i did that on their laptop and now the screen keeps saying "locking" and shutting  down. At first it was instant and and now after trying to try it back on a bunch it waits a few minutes before shutting down. I am currently in the hardware diagnostics menu and have done a extensive test. It says "Battery Check : Primary - Replace (40). Please tell me what to do to resolve the issue or at least get it back to how it was before without the constant shutting down. I cant replace the battery right now and my sibling really needs her laptop so id appreciate a fast response. Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.