Glassmambo Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop not turning on

Notebook

My laptop isn't turning on and I'm not sure what to do. I've tried the trick of taking the battery out and putting it back in, which used to work but now it does not.  

When the laptop is plugged in the light does turn on showing that it is charging. 

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1154 1151 69 140
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop not turning on

@Glassmambo wrote:

My laptop isn't turning on and I'm not sure what to do. I've tried the trick of taking the battery out and putting it back in, which used to work but now it does not.  

When the laptop is plugged in the light does turn on showing that it is charging. 

Hi,

Can you check? If you press the power button while the computer is connected to a charger? Do you feel any vibrations from the computer? Do you hear the fan spinning? Any sound coming out from the vents? Any blinking lights from the capslock key or power button?

Regards

Norman

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

0 Kudos
Glassmambo Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop not turning on

I do not hear any noise or feel any vibrations. The caps lock key  and the power button are not blinking.

0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1154 1151 69 140
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop not turning on

@Glassmambo wrote:

I do not hear any noise or feel any vibrations. The caps lock key  and the power button are not blinking.

Hi,

If thats the case, that means the mobo has a problem. There are still steps to try to bring it to life.

Perform CBR+CMOS+CBR key

Heres how:

Requirements: The computer should be completely off

Press and hold Windows key and letter B then press and hold the Power button for 3 secs then release the power button. Keep on pressing and holding Windows+B for 1 minute

Kindly wait and check if the computer will start

If YES

-Wait until the computer started then download windows update and make sure the computer is connected to a charger

If NO

-Continue with the next step. Heres how.

Press and hold Windows key and letter V then press and hold the Power button for 3 secs then release the power button. Keep on pressing and holding Windows+V for 1 minute

Kindly wait and check if the computer will start

If YES

-Wait until the computer started then download windows update and make sure the computer is connected to a charger

If NO

-Continue with the next step. Heres how.

Repeat the first step Windows+B

Note: Do not skip any of these nor jump to the next step. Kindly follow the steps as mentioned

Regards

Norman

If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

Glassmambo Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop not turning on

I tried both methods and the laptop still won't turn on. Are there any other ways ?

0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1154 1151 69 140
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop not turning on

@Glassmambo wrote:

I tried both methods and the laptop still won't turn on. Are there any other ways ?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. If you believe that youve followed the steps I provided and youre still getting no power that mean the MoBo is gone bad and you need to replace it. If you live within US and the computer has warranty on it. Just give us a call. 1800-727-6836 you will be given a case number to send it for repair.

Note: Regardless if youve already performed all the steps mentioned above the agents will ask you to do the same for documentation purposes.

Regards,

Norman

0 Kudos
Bluebaron1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop not turning on

Norman,

I have tried what you suggested and have now been able to see the harddrive being accessed but still have no display.

That makes me think that when the computer hit the floor that the screen was damaged..  I have hooked up an external  monitor to the laptop and performed the steps you suggested and the external monitor is not getting a signal which makes me think that the computer is set to display only on the laptop screen and since I can't see to change the settings, 

I won't be able to do anything. The computer isn't worth replacing a lot of parts, but if its just the screen, I can do that. Is there a way to get the external screen to get a signal...?   Thank you for your help, you'll get the Kudos whatever.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation