Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Probook g4 450
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a hp laptop model ProBook G4 450. I thought to install a NvMe M.2 ssd so i bought one ssd of crucial of 500gb. Today i put it in back side of laptop where the its slot are there. And when i power on fan started in very high speed for 10 15 seconds laptop didn’t boot or any light on and it cut of power. Again I started by power button same thing happened. So I decided to remove the ssd when i open panel there was a short in ssd it was hot but not any burn in ssd or in laptop side only it was hot. Now after removing when i open the lid to press button it became senseless means it was not working and not even clicking button became soft. Means when you press a button like that it makes a click sound and you feel it goes and press but it was not happening in power button. It got inside little and was not clicking. Can anyone help me out please. Without laptop things will be very difficult for me am an university student.

Sorry for such a long message but i have to explain whole situation.

Thank you.

Arif

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.