Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-bw519AU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The computer switch off randomly and when switched on, it shows a blank screen. Then after a few tries it shows "automatic repair". Then the laptop turns off again and it wont turn on . It does turn on without problems if tried after a long time. The laptop only shut down randomly when its in idle.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@AK1701 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the laptop randomly turns off.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please capture the error code or message on the blue or black screen if it appeared before the computer turned off automatically, I would request you to follow the below steps to capture and reply back with the error message/code to identify the issue and find a permanent fix: 

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings. 

• In the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings. 

• Under System Failure, remove the checkmark next to automatically restart, and then click OK. 

• Restart the computer to apply the change. 

• The computer no longer restarts automatically when a blue screen error occurs. 

For more details: click here 

 However, if the computer shuts down and the lights on both the power button and the charger port turn off, 

you may need to try with an alternate power adapter and reseat the battery before you try using it again 

And if the issue persists, please Contact HP as this could be a hardware failure. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

When the blue screen comes, it shows critical process died. And, it hasn't restarted since I applied the settings you recommended. Thankyou.

HP Recommended

@AK1701 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Laptop randomly turns off and doesn't switch ON.

Do not worry. Let's work together and get this issue addressed.

Please perform the hard reset and check.

Hard Reset:

1) Shutdown the computer.  

2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.  

3) Remove the Battery. ( not for Built-in Battery computer ) 

4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.  

5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer if it's a (removable battery)

6) Try to turn on the computer and check, If the issue persists continue next step

Also, perform the system test and check.

Please perform the below steps on the computer to run a System Test

- Shut down/Turn off the computer

- Once the computer is completely Shut down/Turned off

- Now press the power button once to turn on the computer and immediately start pressing/tapping the F2 key on the keyboard

- This should open the UEFI Diagnostic screen on the computer

- Please select System Test and then select Quick Test

If the test is passed, you have to perform the recovery.

Note: Performing the system recovery you will lose personal data and installed application.

Please take the backup before performing the system recovery.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

15828210469383326353255779704027.jpg

This is what i got

HP Recommended

@AK1701

Appreciate you trying the steps. The failure ID indicates a hard drive failure. I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the hard drive replacement.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.