cancel
Mithinga Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop screen flickers while resuming from sleep.

pavilion 15-abo29TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop screen keeps flickering for like 4-5 minutes when ever i wake my laptop from sleep and on startup it stays on a blue screen for  7-8 minutes before going to login screen. how to i fix this? Please help. 

1 REPLY 1
Provost
Provost
49520 49492 9892 16561
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop screen flickers while resuming from sleep.

Hi,

Check if you still get these problems if you disable Windows 10 hybrid boot - you can do this as follows.

Open Settings and select System.  Select Power and sleep, then click on Additional power settings - in the following window, click on 'Choose what the power button does' in the left hand pane.

In the subsequent window, first click on 'Change settings that are currently unavailable' ( near the top of the Window ) and then remove the checkmark from the box against 'Turn on fast start-up (recommended)'.  Click the Save Settings button, then close any open windows and shutdown the notebook by right click the Start Menu icon, select Command Prompt (Admin) and click ‘Yes’ to the uac prompt.

Type ( or copy and paste ) in the following command ( including spaces ) and hit enter.

shutdown /s /t 0

Start the notebook and let Windows fully load.

If this has corrected the issues, it may be worth turning Fast Start-up back on – sometimes just deleting and re-creating the file will resolve the problem.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation