Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop screen not turning on.

Pavilion g series g6-1257 ea
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
When I turn the laptop on the power light comes on as does the wifi light but the screen doesn't. It's like the laptop doesn't know the lid is open. Similarly when I shut the lid it doesn't shut the laptop down/put it to sleep.

I can also turn caps lock on and off etc.

I would just like a way that I can access the info on the laptop such as photos etc.

I have also tried plugging a vga cable in but have been unable to get a signal to the other screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
1 REPLY
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15194 1000 1645
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop screen not turning on.

Hi @Martys88,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the computer is not booting into the windows anymore,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Did you make any changes on the PC before the issue started?

When was the last time it worked (date)?

In the meantime, let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, the keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Attempt a Bios Recovery

Reseat the Memory modules and check if it helps.

Run the System diagnostics test as well as an extensive test on the Hard drive and Memory from F2 (Please capture the failure ID for further assistance).

For more steps, click here

HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boo...

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation