cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bsisko32
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Laptop shut off randomly and won't turn back on....

HP Recommended
17-by1053dx

I have had my computer, HP - 17.3" Laptop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - 256GB Solid State Drive - Jet Black,  for just over one year ago when this past Thursday without any warning or issue it just shut off.  It was connected to power too.  I moved it to a different outlet just in case, but no luck.  My wife was able to get it to turn back on, but when she would move the screen, it would shut off again.  The issue continued on Friday, but today it won't turn on at all.  From what I can tell in the reading I have done, it might be the power adapter.  But, there are is no apparent damage to the cord, tip, etc.  Is this a common problem for such a relatively new computer?  I ordered a new power adapter tonight, so I'm hoping that this solves the issue.  Unfortunately, this computer has an internal battery so I can' try to troubleshoot that.  Anyone have any insights, thoughts, or resolutions that they can share?  Thank you in advance.

Tags (1)
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation