Bluflow
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop shuts down randomly when not plugged in

HP Pavilion Notebook - 15t-ab1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, I've got a  annoying problem with my laptop and was wondering if I could try to get some ideas on how to fix it.

Lately, my HP pavilion has been suddunly shutting down(in like the way it does when it overheats) what seems to be prematurely, with maybe about fifty percent battery(but it isn't always at this point in time), when I don't plug it in.  There's no indication of when it will shut down, no warning, and the laptop always indicates that there's still at least some charge left when it does. I don't think the problem is overheating as this doesn't happen when the laptop is plugged in.It takes the laptop to be plugged in for the laptop to start up again.

I would try to drain the battery but its premature shutdown keeps me from doing just that.

Any suggestions?

battery problem.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,133 18,121 1,202 1,859
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Bluflow

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that computer is shutting down randomly.

I’d love to help!

Awesome job on diagnosing the issue correctly and performing smart troubleshooting before posting your question on HP forums. Kudos to you on that score.

Follow the steps in the below article and check if it resolves the issue.

http://hp.care/2qTCR4b

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Bluflow
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

None of the solutions on that page helped the problem, even restoring it to factory settings.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation