Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Gfk55,
I've done some investigating and a lot of people are having this problem with different types of HP laptops. The consensus seems to be that eventually HP will realize the problem and create an update that will solve it.
HP Recommended
Whatever update that hp installed, has also caused my computer to no longer recognize the router in the building that I work in.

I wish hp would fix the problem quickly because I can't really afford to have my laptop not working.
HP Recommended
I had a technician look at my computer. Apparently the recent update had a virus in it.

Pretty unbelievable.
HP Recommended

Hi - My x360 was doing the same thing. I did many of the same things said in this post. Nothing worked. I noticed there was a BIOS update on HP website for my laptop. I downloaded and installed the latest version following the instruction totally and took my time. My X360 finally sleeps right. I just luv that little laptop:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

It worked!!! I was starting to lose hope! Thank you so much for taking the time to post this. 

HP Recommended

Yahoo!

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Could you post a link to the HP website where you found that update?  I am having the same issue and have not been able to find that update.  

Thank you

HP Recommended

Try this link on how to do a BIOS update http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00007682

HP Recommended

I have the same issue.  I recently bought a "new" HP 14 Notebook PC.  The first one was unable to connect to the Internet due to "configuration" problems. I exchanged it for a new one (less than one week old).  Since I was told to employ the RECOMMENDED Windows update, the entire system shuts off when I flip the screen down (mind you, still recommending I will update further).

This is maddening and from what I have seen on this forum, the only real advice is to roll back the update.  I have tried the other options to no avail.  Will someone please help? 

Issues like this are some of the main reasons why HP is considered to be one of the worst laptops to buy amongst tech circles (I work for one but had little money so I had no choice but to buy this laptop).

I appreciate any help that you may have.

Sincerely,

The guy who cannot seem to get his new HP to function correctly.

HP Recommended

HI @ron042704,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide.

Learn How to Post and More

I grasp that after installing some of the Windows updates that when you close the lid it shuts down.

I suggest you complete the installation of all your Windows updates.

Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Managing Power Options (Windows 😎 assist you with changing what happens when you close the lid.

If the issue  should remain please try this step to restore the power to defaults.

Go to the command prompt and run as administrator.

Type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes and press enter.

If you are still experiencing an issue, please contact HP support for further assistance. They can remotely access your system to help overcome difficulties.

Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support.

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.