Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
2CS12EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC requires multiple Power button presses, then after holding the power button for 5 seconds and then pressing it, the PC opens, it's strange that it requires these specific steps, furthermore, if it's using battery power, I also need to press it, and when the charging LED flashes, I need to quickly hold the button and press it quickly, also not all attempts are sucessful. Sometimes it just makes a loud blowing noise (see video). 

I tried to clear debris from the fan, but it was to no avail. I brought a new battery, I checked the AC Adapter. Here are a list of other issues:

• Shuts down when plugged into any peripherals
  • Shuts down when plugged in
  • Shuts down at random (charger only, does not shut down on battery power)
  • Shuts down regardless of temperature
  • Event viewer does not show any shut down events regarding the abruptive shut downs
  • Laptop lasts only a few hours on AC Adapter
  • Shuts down when something else is plugged in the same socket
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hi

"Shuts down when something else is plugged in the same socket "

you mean the wall outlet, if you have another device plugged into it the computer turns off?

in this case, have you tried on a much more distant outlet?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes, my PC does not shut down if I use a different outlet. Also, this issue is only minor, I only experienced it twice, quite uncommon, in fact, I plugged in my phone charger while simultaneously charging my laptop, and it did not shut down, however it does shut down sometimes, but not always.

HP Recommended

Well if I finally understand it is your electrical installation that has a problem
check or have the plug checked, in the meantime use another one to avoid damaging the computer

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Alright, but how do I resolve the other issues? The main cause was not the AC Adapter nor the outlet, however the outlet was the cause for the shutting down from plugging in something else in the same outlet. The AC Adapter was checked using the HP Hardware checker and also I got a spare charger and it was still not the solution.

HP Recommended

Sorry, you have several problems, but I didn't understand everything then
The best thing to do ..
Since we have identified a problem, which should be solved by changing the electrical outlet.
Close this topic, tagging the solution!
Test the computer with another outlet, and open another wire to explain your other problem
There we will mix everything up otherwise!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.