Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi i own an hp laptop cant find anyother info apart from intel inside. When i first plugged it in it had black screen and said something bios settings i wououldnntt kknoww whatthhaat meanssso then iitt started up 

welcome with picture and restarting en shutting down all the time m a. Greeenhorn here so pleasee help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@Cacadoo, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance, and find tips!

I see from the post that you are having issues with your HP Stream Notebook is powering on, however, doesn't boot into Windows, Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve your issue.

To provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the exact model number of the notebook? ( Please use this link to help you find this information: http://hp.care/2bygf7l )

Have you performed any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

Have you tried to boot into the Bios with the Hard drive disconnected?

Have you tried to connect an external keyboard and check if that works?

In the meantime, you perform the below steps:

Let's start off by performing a hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Please restart the computer, tap on F10 during the restart and when you get to the BIOS interface, stay there and wait for the amount of time it normally takes to turn off, etc...and reply back with the details of what happened during your time in the BIOS interface. If the screen flickers in the Bios screen as this is outside of windows, this clearly is an indication of a hardware failure.

If the PC stays fine on the Bios, I would suggest you perform a Bios defaults.

Performing Bios Defaults:

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

Alternatively, I would suggest here is to remove the hard drive and then try to check if you are able to boot into the Bios. If yes, then it's a possible hardware failure with the hard drive.

For more assistance, please follow this link: HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)

Please respond to this post with the results of the troubleshooting for further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.