PaulaEmde Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop still won't turn on after hard reset

E5K58UA#ABA

My laptop won't start.  I have read through this blog, and did a hard reset (twice) and it still won't start.  I've had this issue in the past and have been able to solve it with a hard reset, but not this time.  

What else can I do?

The battery still had some "juice" in it as recently as last week, as I was able to use it without power for a few hours with no problems.  

Thanks.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Retired
Retired
7771 449 840
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @PaulaEmde,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I understand that your notebook is not powering up. I am happy to help with this.

When it is plugged in do you see a charging LED lit?

When you try to power it on, is there any sound of the unit starting, like the fans spinning or the sound of the hard drive spinning up?

Do you have another power adapter available that you can try?

Have you tried a different electrical outlet?

Do you have a direct power connection, or are you using a power bar, or UPS?

For now give these a try, and let me know the results and the answers to my questions. Hopefully one of these will resolve the issue, but if not, the answers may help to localize the cause.

Using and Testing the AC Power Adapter
HP Notebook PCs - Computer does not start (Windows 8)
Improving Battery Performance (Windows 8, 7, Vista)

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
PaulaEmde Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I followed your instructions and the results are below. Unfortunately, none helped. I've ordered a new battery, and hope this solves the issue. If it doesn't, I'll reply again.

When it is plugged in do you see a charging LED lit? - yes

When you try to power it on, is there any sound of the unit starting, like the fans spinning or the sound of the hard drive spinning up? Yes - I hear the fan start, and then 4 seconds later, a click, and everything goes out.

Do you have another power adapter available that you can try? - no

Have you tried a different electrical outlet? - yes, multiple outlets. Also tried rebooting without the power cord with the same results. Battery still was holding a charge (I could work for 2+ hours with the battery) before this started.

Do you have a direct power connection, or are you using a power bar, or UPS? - I've tried both ways. No luck.

0 Kudos
Lonlon97 Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Paula were you able to find a resolution?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation