Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Even though it says solved, i would like to respond to it with my solution for G6 may apply to other models as well. I dont completely know the reason why it does so, but the solution is below:

You will need another computer even desktop will do.

Take the Hard drive out of your laptop and connect it to another computer (note remove all the other hard drives).

Now boot it with this harddrive, it will go beyond the 'Preparing Automatic Repair' screen, let it do the repair and once done and ready for reboot to install drivers replace it back into the laptop (may take several minutes).

Hope will save your laptop back to normal like mine did.

HP Recommended
My laptop is hanged in booting level .won't open my laptop please help me
HP Recommended

I have continually had this problem. I just did these steps you expalined and laptop is coming back on BUT should I still take it back as I am concerned about this problem as it keeps occuring regualrly or will this fix be a permanent solution Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended
Mines said that to, I only use the steps about taking out the battery and dc adapter. I don't know what to since that didn't work.
HP Recommended
I want to know also is there a way to retrieve my files??
HP Recommended
Where is the hard-drive located on my laptop?
HP Recommended

In order to help keep the forum and this topic timely I have blocked new replies. The original topic was solved. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.