cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Martin162
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Laptop swtiches on but blank screen

HP Recommended
15s-fq1003na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Was working then the laptop restarted and said boot device not found. Restarted and now nothing. Power light comes on and then off and then on. Nothing on the screen at all. Tried F1, Del, F11, Win B, Win V. Tried hard reset. Removed HDD and tried. 

All to no avail.

Would anybody have any ideas?

Thank you

Martin

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,852 24,531 3,146 7,839
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Martin162 

According to the HP specs for your model it has an m.2 SSD, not an HDD -- so I fail to see how you could have removed the HDD.  Also, if it boots from the SSD and you remove that, it will not longer boot.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Martin162
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,.

Thank you for the reply. Yes it had the m.2 ssd hard disc. 

The laptop doesn't display anything though. 

On desktops you can start them without a drive and they would still go into bios.

Thank you

Martin

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation