Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
J007TX
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

So my laptop was on charge and I was surfing on chrome suddenly my laptop turned off i tried to hold down the power button after unplugging the charger and then try to start it but it wont work,  then I tired to remove the battery and and plug it in and try to start but that didnt work either.  My laptop isn't charging at all,  please help ASAP I want to complete a VAPT report of my internship. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@shreyash_chede,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Have you tried to use a different compatible charger and check if it helps?

Did this happen after a power surge or power outage? Have you tried to use a different wall outlet and check if that works.

Let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the notebook

Before power resetting your computer, do the following:

1. Disconnect or remove all peripheral devices. Start up the laptop and test the computer by itself, and then reconnect one peripheral device at a time.

2. Turn over the computer and look for a battery compartment door.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.