Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook Folio 9480m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop since a few months has been turning off when powered which is really annoying. It turns off in between when powered after shutdown or hibernating but not sleep or restart. My Battery, Charger and CPU fan is original and working perfectly.

Please help ASAP! I need my laptop a lot!

Thanks

Advik

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello TechExpert21,

(1) In case your notebook has still waranty, contact HP

(2) No waranty left ?

A) Update BIOS:

HP Notebook System BIOS Update

01.50 Rev.A12.2 MBMay 8, 2020Download

B) to update ALL drivers in one place:

HP Support Assistant

8.3.34.7 Rev.A41.5 MBAug 23, 2016Download

Test again...

Please report your results.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the YES button on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply 'Accept as Solution'.

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much 

ub6424_0-1655582189065.png

HP Recommended

I have no warranty left!

I have HPSA and have the 1.50  bios version. And it still turns off when boots up after shutdown/hibernate.

Tell me if you need more information.

HP Recommended

Hello TechExpert21,

Please tell me if the error behavior is the same when using
1) battery only (no charger plugged in !)
2charger only ( battery removed ! )

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the YES button on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply 'Accept as Solution'.

Thank you very much 

ub6424_0-1655591946333.png

HP Recommended

Yes, I have tested multiple times and it still turns off with battery and no charger and with charger and no battery.

Thanks

Advik

HP Recommended

Hello TechExpert21,

(1) Does the your notebook have a charge indicator lamp ? Orange, white, off ?

(2) When the charger is plugged in, what light does the led has ?

(3) Do you have a multimeter to check the voltage (V) of the charger plug ( - is outside, + is inside ) ? Set multimeter to direct current (DC) mode.

best regards

---

Thank you very much 

ub6424_0-1655592544861.png

HP Recommended

1-2 ,My laptop has a charger indicator and goes yellow when it's charging and low battery and white when its charging but mostly charger

3- I dont have an multimeter and my hp  charger says it give 19v

HP Recommended

Hello,

so your nickname is 'TechExpert21'. What you gonna do next ? 😊

Conclusion

I assume that there are partial failures of components of the notebook motherboard or connected components. It is very hard to tell from a distance what it is. An intensive chip level test would help.
I would switch to another notebook of the same quality and put the old hard drive/SSD in the new one, as long as it passed a SMART test.

That is my personal opinion on the case.

best regards

---

Thank you very much 

ub6424_0-1655596398111.png

HP Recommended

I am good at technology but i cant figure out this one.

But thanks for your help

HP Recommended

It was a great pleasure to help you 

best regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.