Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdrivasR
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop turns on with AC adapter but wont charge the battery when plugged in after it turns on

Hp Elitebook 2560p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Im having an issue charging my laptop battery, i have tried a the fix where you uninstall the drivers from the device manager and  shut down the computer and boot back up but it wont do anything

The computer will turn on with the AC adapter connected and the battery out.

Computer will turn on with the Battery in and the AC adapter disconnected.

Computer will turn on with the battery in.

If the computer is turned off with the battery in and i plug in the AC adapter nothing happens it would not charge it.

If the computer is off without the battery and I plug in the AC adapter the power light with the little lightning bolt will flash once and it would allow me to turn on the computer.

So i dont know exactly whats going on.

I tried to turn on the computer with the AC adapter only and windows shows it recognizes its connected, but if i plug in the battery it would automatically change from saying that is connected to disconnected and stars running with the battery juice only even when the AC is still connected.

Some how i feel like the battery overrides the AC adapter and i dont know what to do...

Please help

5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,477 21,432 1,812 2,894
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop turns on with AC adapter but wont charge the battery when plugged in after it turns on

@EdrivasR
Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

I'd be glad to help you 🙂

As I Understand the laptop is plugged into the adapter/charger but it doesn't charge when the PC is powered on,

Don't worry, though, as I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern:

Unplug the charge and use the laptop until the battery drains to 15%.

Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.

Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager,

Restart the computer and the issue should be fixed.

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.

Have a good day, Ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

EdrivasR
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi i have already tried that, and still not getting anywhere.

I uninstall the program from the device manager and after that i right click on the screen and scan for hardware changes and it comes back up in the screen.

Also last night i let the battery drain completely and it was plugged in to the charger but as mentioned before the battery somehow overrides the charger and it shut the computer completely off because it wont start because the battery was empty, so i decided to unplug the battery and try to turn it on only with the charger but still wont cut on.

Had to turn it on with the battery out and then plugging in the charger, only until then it turned on.

Still not finding the solution and dont get me wrong i appreciate your help, but still having the same issue.

Just to let you know i dont have the original charger, the charger is a replacement which specifications on the tag are: 

Input-AC:100-24v,  1.2a, 50/60Hz

output: 18.5V,  3.5a

I hope the information is useful.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@EdrivasR
Thank you for replying,

I'm unable to find you product specs using the model name you've provided,

Could you share the product number so that I can obtain the information and help you further?
(Ensure you do not share any personal information such as serial number, email ID, etc)

Eagerly waiting to help,

Regards

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
EdrivasR
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, idk why you cant find the product by the model provided.

I mean  it says Elitebook 2560p on the screen frame.

But just to let you know, today I found out that if i put the charging cable in a certain way  the computer will recognize its connected and charging.

But if i unplugg it and plug it back in it wont charge unles i start playing with the charging cable.

What you'll think it could be?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@EdrivasR
Thank you for replying with the details, your issue with the HP EliteBook 2560p Notebook PC is classified as a commercial product (business line).

Our Commercial Support Team does not provide assistance via this platform.
If you require immediate assistance, you will need to log a case with our Commercial Support Team.

Click here for details.

Let me know if you require further information and/or assistance.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation