Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
4ND16UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I did an auto update and after it was installed I restarted my laptop:  will not complete the startup just spooling. I have completed the quick check everything passed. Been running the System Extensive Test now for 1day and 15 hours thus far 14,Iterations complete all passed. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@RLSJLewis 

You said you did an "auto update"  but was this an HP update or a Windows Update?  Either way, this is a software issue and hardware testing will do nothing to diagnose this problem.

Also, you said the PC is "spooling" but that term actually is used to apply to memory buffering that is done for printing a large file from a printer -- and I presume that is NOT what you mean.  So, you need to tell us what this means to you.

Also, one Extensive Test is enough --no need to repeat it -- and it will just keep running until you shut the PC down.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.