cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Laptop update

HP Recommended
4ND16UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I did an auto update and after it was installed I restarted my laptop:  will not complete the startup just spooling. I have completed the quick check everything passed. Been running the System Extensive Test now for 1day and 15 hours thus far 14,Iterations complete all passed. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
26,128 26,061 2,386 5,668
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RLSJLewis 

You said you did an "auto update"  but was this an HP update or a Windows Update?  Either way, this is a software issue and hardware testing will do nothing to diagnose this problem.

Also, you said the PC is "spooling" but that term actually is used to apply to memory buffering that is done for printing a large file from a printer -- and I presume that is NOT what you mean.  So, you need to tell us what this means to you.

Also, one Extensive Test is enough --no need to repeat it -- and it will just keep running until you shut the PC down.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation