06-15-2019 08:43 AM
Last night I was reading an article on my laptop and the screen went black and it shut off. I couldn't get it to turn on again. I plugged it in over night. This morning, same thing. I did hard start (held power button for 45 seconds) and just now I pushed power button, it started to boot up and then at the UP screen, it froze. Help! I use my computer for my classes. Any suggestions?
NOTE: I have Windows 10 but not sure if 32-but it 64-bit.
06-17-2019 05:40 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee