Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy x360 m6-aq103dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need the HP part # for the power switch for this notebook.  The switch doesn't always power up the computer and sometimes the button gets hung up in the switch.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@R-Lloyd I'm afraid that particular button/power switch is not available for self replacement, you can verify the same by clicking here and going through the HP Maintenance and service guide for your device, that said, If you have an HP authorized service center near by, you should be able to take it to them and have it checked,

Here is a link to HP Service Centers, by Country/Region: Click here

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Riddle_Decipher, I just need you to tell me if P/N 856808-001 is the part I need as the replacement board for the power switch on  this notebook -- and does it include the power switch.  We are perfectly capable of replacing the part, and are aware of the complexity of removal and replacement.

Thank you,

Robert Lloyd

ABS Technology, LLC

HP Recommended

@R-Lloyd 

Apologies for jumping in unannounced.

The part you reference is indeed the part - whether it has all the external bits (button cover?)  is not something we can verify.

The part is available from the HP Parts Store (in stock)

and

there is a decent image of the part on this eBay site (also carries the part):

HP 15-aq120nr 15-aq123ca 15-aq155nr 856808-001 PCBA Power Button Switch Board US

"We" don't have the part on hand - you just need to talk to someone who has the part and can discuss the visual details you seek.

My opinion, based on what I can see in the various posted images, this part will do what you need.

Reference

Service Manual  - Page 42

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.