Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy x360m 15m-ed0023dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an envy laptop that I just bought less than a year ago.  One day my laptop would not power up.  There were no lights when plugged in.  I have a voltmeter so I checked the outlet and power supply and they are working as normal.  I read that batteries will cause this issue so the recommendation was to unplug the battery to see if that would fix the issue.   I did that.  The problem was fixed.  I then bought a new battery to replace the old one.  I just installed the new battery and everything went back to normal.  The laptop booted up how it should.  All the lights lit up how they should when plugged in.  I went to reboot the laptop to do a thorough check on it and .......  once again. No lights, no power, nothing.  Unplugging the battery and plugging it again “wakes up” the laptop but as soon as it is rebooted it goes back to no power.  What’s going on? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@178nmWified

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

Please remove the battery and AC Adapter, then press and hold the power button for 10 seconds

Put back the Battery and AC Adapter and upon powering ON keep tapping on F10 till you see the BIOS

Let me know if the Notebook boots up to  BIOS

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@178nmWified

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

Please remove the battery and AC Adapter, then press and hold the power button for 10 seconds

Put back the Battery and AC Adapter and upon powering ON keep tapping on F10 till you see the BIOS

Let me know if the Notebook boots up to  BIOS

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

The laptop booted up to BIOS.  IN the process there was an CMOS error. I was not able to take a picture of it but it stayed something close to “CMOScheck sum error”. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for keeping me posted

Please try a BIOS Default and check if that helps

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.

2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.

3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.

4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.

5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, and then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?

6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

If the issue persists please contact HP Support in your region for service options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.