Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-15-2023 04:46 AM
I have tried every posted solution for this problem but nothing works. My laptop wakes immediately from sleep and turns itself back on after I shut it down. The only way to power it down is to hold the power button otherwise it will just stay on permanently. Have found zero fixes for this. Incredibly frustrating.
01-31-2023 09:43 AM
Welcome to HP Support Community.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
I see that you are facing power shutdown issues with your HP Pavilion Notebook - 17-G103dx (ENERGY STAR).
Please run the updates from HP Support Assistant by following the steps listed below:
1. Download the current version from this Weblink
2. Click on Updates and Messages to scan for new updates.
3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
You may also refer to the HP document to download and use HP Support Assistant by visiting this Weblink.
I hope this helps.
Take care and have a good day.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community