Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15-ay516TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Notebook 15 (15-ay516TX) Laptop won't boot but the fans are running and the caps lock keeps on blinking slowly in a set of three. I have tried the bios reset key combination (windows + b, windows + v) both with and without a USB bios reset drive but it still doesn't boot. It doesn't seem to be a hard disk error because I have tried replacing the hard disk with a different one but the problem still is the same. There isn't any sound coming from the laptop aside from the fans. I have tried turning on the laptop about 20-30 times and the problem is still the same, one time it displayed:
"The CMOS checksum is invalid.
The CMOS will be reset to the default configuration and will be rebooted.
Please check your BIOS Setup options to see if they changed.
CMOS Reset (502)
ENTER - Reboot the system"
Even that didn't fix it. Please help me.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I just went through the same thing. 

The advice was to count the lights and see error code. 

Screenshot_20210916-230815.png

 Good luck

HP Recommended

Thank you i'll try if cleaning and switching the ram module would help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.