05-19-2017 03:32 AM
Received a Windows update overnight, and when I rebooted the system, it failed. No hard drive was detected. Went into BIOS and again no hard drive was detected. Replaced the hard drive with a known good hard drive with Windows loaded, again no hard drive detected. Put in a solid state hard drive, this time the system booted but said no operating system was found. Went to load Windows and I received an error the no hard drive detected error again. At a loss, can't even flash BIOS because I can't boot the system and access the web to get the BIOS file.
05-19-2017 05:38 AM
The logical explanation is that you have had a motherboard breakdown to where the storage controller no longer functions properly and hard drives/ssds are not detected.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)