Mohamed_Ahmed Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop won't boot up even with the charger (led off)

Envy 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop suddenly shutted off while playing and it doesn't want to boot up again even the charging led is not on while plugged in
i tried the hard reset but still doesn't boot

the battery is sealed (unremovable)

hp envy 15 ae001nx (touch)

the laptop temp is around (60~70)C while playing

5 REPLIES 5
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 711 1900
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Mohamed_Ahmed,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a fantastic site to find information, tips, and suggestions. For you to have the most rewarding experience please review the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand that while playing a game, your notebook shut down unexpectedly. It was not overheating. When you tried to reboot the notebook it would not start. You do not see any lights. You tried a reset but there was no change.

Are you connecting directly to an electrical outlet and not using a power / surge bar? Have you tried a different electrical outlet? Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues.  I would also suggest that you test the AC adapter.

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Using the AC Power Adapter. Please let me know the outcome.

If this post helps you to resolve the issue, please pay it forward by clicking "Accept as Solution", to the right of the Thumbs up icon. You can click the Thumbs Up Icon” to show gratitude! :)

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I measured the adapter with multimeter and it gives 19.9v
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 711 1900
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Mohamed_Ahmed,

Thank you for the update. When you connect the charger to the notebook, does the light come on by the power port? When you power on the notebook what do you see? Do you get a blank / black screen or a blue screen? Do you see an error message. Do you hear the fan and hard drive spin? Do you see any blinking lights or hear any beeps?

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no light from the Charging led indicator
And the notebook doesn't want to start no blinking lights , no fan or hdd noise , nothing at all
0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
14461 13421 711 1900
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Mohamed_Ahmed,

Thank you for your reply.  When you connect the AC adapter to the notebook, if you do not see a light come on at the power port of the notebook, then the power button board could have failed. As you did test the AC adapter, you know that it is working. Please contact HP for service options. Contact HP Support  Fill out the online form and follow the prompts. If  the warranty is not a concern, you can check a local computer repair shop or if you are considering doing the repair yourself, here is a link to the HP ENVY Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide. Please note chapter 3, page 18, items 5 & 6. for the part numbers and chapter 6, page 84, for the removal and replacement procedures.  

Sparkles1

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation