Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, please I just upgraded my HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC to d latest Windows 10 update, and after like 3 days, the system will not power on when I press the power button. But if I remove the battery and power the system through AC, it'll come up.  Also, when I remove the battery and press the power button for like 20 secs, and put the battery back, then the system will power on. Please how do I solve this issue???
Thanks

NOTE: The system has been on windows 10 for over 9 months, and this started after I updated to the latest windows 10.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you provide the exact model of your PC so we can see if there are any firmware updates. If the computer works after hard reset each time, there is most likely a problem with firmware, Bios or Motherboard.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended
The model is: 15 e000sia

But d problem seems to av escalated.
This morning, d system refuses to boot up, even after removing d battery and pressing d power button for some secs.
Also, when d system is plugged to AC power, it still don't boot up.
This new development started dis morning
HP Recommended

Hi,

Do any leds come on when you attach the power adapter? Do any leds come on when you press the power button?

I would first try with a different ac adapter if possible.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended
No LEDs come on when I plug in d power cable.
Like, 1 out of 13 times, when I press d power button(when d system is on AC power) some LEDs will come on, and go off again without d system powering on.
And yes, I've tried different power cables, and still d same result.
HP Recommended

It sounds like the system is not getting any power for some reason. When you say you used different power cables does it mean totally different charger? Have you also plugged into different wall socket?

Try reseating the RAM (page 53 of service manual)

I would suspect a motherboard problem (if charger is known to be good). It could also be the power connector cable as seen on page 92 of service manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03939658

I would bring the PC to service centre to have the motherboard checked

Let me know,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.